Listen to KTA 020: Key To Understanding SEO Fundamentals
Search Engine Optimisation is key when it comes to bringing new visitors to your site and making your content discoverable to the whole world.
We have discussed a little bit about it in episode 11 with Cheech Foo in regards to Keyword Research and how to go about it.
In today’s episode we have a chat with Matt Lynch from Vorian Agency about the fundamentals of SEO and how you can improve your search rankings by making some simple tweaks to your website.
Matt has over twenty three years Information Technology and Online Marketing Experience, with his primary speciality being Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and has worked both at agency and in-house roles. He is described as a ‘technical-marketer’, as his skills cross; graphic design, animation, audio, video, website development, IT and security, branding, search marketing, social media marketing and so much more.
Matt enjoys keeping up with the ‘bleeding edge’ of technology advancements and social media evolvement to ensure current knowledge in an ever changing landscape, leading to early adoption and determination of opportunity for marketing enhancement.
In This Episode You Will Learn
- Why Matt is known as the “Technical Marketer”
- Key To Understanding the fundamentals of SEO
- What Technical SEO really means and why it is important
- The components of Technical SEO that you need to consider in improving your search rankings
- How free tools can help you find out where you can improve your search engine rankings
- The three things you must fix on your website right now to not get penalised by google
- What you can do easily to quickly improve your search engine rankings
- Technical aspects of SEO when it comes to creating content be it blogging or podcasting
- Why creating the content for user is a must along with the search engine
- Resources to learn more about SEO and understand it further
- A free tool to crawl your website to check broken links and other errors on your website.
Quotes from the episode
Links and Resources Mentioned
- SEO MOZ Beginners Guide to SEO
- Google Webmaster Tools
- Bing Webmaster Tools
- Xenu – Software to check broken links to your site and much more
- SiteGround – WordPress Specialized Web Hosting
Get in contact with Matt
- Vorian Agency – The Agency that Matt works for, check out their upcoming free seminars
- Twitter – Follow him
- LinkedIn – Connect with him
Your Action For Today
Today’s action for you is to be informed and have an ongoing learning curve not only in regards to SEO but everything else in your business. Make sure you subscribe to this podcast.
Have a conversation with your designer and developer and find out more about improving the technical SEO of your website.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week.
Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!