Listen to KTA 031: Key To Identifying Your Ideal Client
When it comes to thriving in business you have to come back to basics. Quite often business owners get so caught up in the day to day running of their business that they forget how to connect with their ideal client. They also get overwhelmed trying to identify who their ideal clients is and this can mean that when it comes to marketing they completely miss the mark.
Unless you know who you are trying to engage with to invest in your products or services you won’t have much of a business and things will be a real struggle.
So in today’s episode we talk to Shannon Bush the founder of Creative Possibility, a Perth based small business coaching, consulting and training organisation about her 4 step process to identifying your ideal client.
Having been in and around small business since childhood Shannon’s extensive and genuine expertise and business experience is something her clients value intensely.
In This Episode You Will Learn
- What Shannon does and how she got started into starting her business
- Key to identifying your ideal client for your business
- The four steps to identifying your ideal client
- Step 1: You need to have absolute clarity on your core products or services
- Step 2: Understand the key problems your product or service addresses to the point of solving it if that’s what people are looking for
- Step 3: Understand the key benefits your core products or services have to offer your ideal client
- The difference between features and benefits for your products and services
- How to go about identifying the benefits you offer
- What Ultimate Benefit statements are, Why you need them and how you can create them
- Step 4: Now is the time to get to know your ideal client in a really intimate way
- The easiest way to create your ideal client profile or avatar
- The importance of your “WHY” in your business
Quotes from the episode
Links and Resources Mentioned
- Get Response – Email Marketing and Autoresponder Service
- Fleur Allen – Episode Fifteen, Key To Face 2 Face Communication
- Blog Reader Profile – How Darren Rowse creates his reader persona’s
Get in contact with Shannon
- Creative Possibility – Shannon’s website – Book your 30 min call from here
- Thriving Entrepreneur – Her 12 month course
Your Action For Today
Today’s action for you is to get a big piece of paper and some old magazines and create a collage to represent the avatar of an ideal client, it will help you visualize and re-affirm their existence.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week.
Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!