Listen to KTA 052: Key To Do It Yourself SEO
Knowing about the fundamentals of SEO is absolutely necessary to help build your authority. Kate Toon shares the exact fundamentals of SEO you should be working on to improve the search engine rankings of your website and she also dives into the importance of content marketing and how that plays a role in attracting customers through search results.
Along with that there is a lot more chat about strategies, techniques & tools when it comes to Do It Yourself SEO to help grow your Authority.
Kate Toon is an award-winning SEO copywriter and SEO consultant with almost two decades of experience in all things advertising, digital and writing. She has worked with big brands such as Westpac, The RTA, Curash and Kmart. And she’s helped countless small businesses produce great content and improve their SEO.
Kate is also the founder of The Clever Copywriting School and The Recipe for SEO Success eCourse, as well as co-host on the Hot Copy Podcast.
In This Episode You Will Learn
- How Kate got started in Copywriting and SEO
- The strategies and techniques Kate used to grow her business when starting out
- Key To Do It Yourself SEO
- Tools and Resources to find out the truth about SEO
- The basics of SEO that you must know about
- How creating content helps your SEO rankings
- The strategy to follow when selecting what keywords to target
- How to earn and build backlinks
- Supercharging your content to create engagement
- How to re-purpose and get the most out of your content .
- The top tip and action about do it yourself SEO
- What you should do with with your images to help improve your search results
Quotes from the episode
Links and Resources Mentioned
- Rand Fishkin – https://moz.com/
- Neil Patel – http://www.quicksprout.com/
- Brian Deen – http://backlinko.com/
- Yoast SEO – https://yoast.com/wordpress/plugins/seo/
- Google Search Console – https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/
Get in contact with Kate
- Kate’s Website & Blog – Kate Toon Copywriter
- The Recipe For SEO Suceess – http://www.therecipeforseosuccess.com.au/
Your Action For Today
Set up your website on Google Search Console and test the crawlability, the speed of your site and anything else that Google asks you to fix. If you are stuck and need help, checkout some videos on YouTube for direction.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week.
Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!